Through family therapy your family can resolve conflict, improve communication, problem solve together, and create harmony in your home.
Family relationships are vital to the well-being of individuals. When families can respond to each other’s emotional needs, respect differences, and work through difficult feelings families become stronger. Your therapist may recommend that you meet as whole family, or also have some supplemental individual appointments to address topics and issues that relate to your family’s therapy work. Individual therapy with children or adolescents will include a family therapy component as part of the treatment plan.
In general, anyone who wants to improve strained family relationships can benefit from family therapy. You can use family therapy to address many specific issues, such as marital and financial problems, conflict between parents and children, and the effects of substance abuse and depression on the entire family.
How we can help
In Family Therapy, you will each be given the space to talk about your experiences, your feelings & your understanding of the problems that have arisen in your family. Your therapist will support you to speak clearly with each other. Helping you to understand each other’s points of view & encouraging each individual within the family unit to think openly about what it is they need in order to move forward.You’ll be encouraged to give each other the space necessary to do this & to try to respect each other’s position, as difficult as that may be. Although, this can be a very challenging process, it is invariably a cathartic one that can provide immense relief to everyone involved.
· Teaches family members about how families function in general and, in particular, how their own functions.
· Helps the family focus less on the member who has been identified as ill and focus more on the family as a whole.
· Assists in identifying conflicts and anxieties and helps the family develop strategies to resolve them.
· Strengthens all family members so they can work on their problems together.
· Teaches ways to handle conflicts and changes within the family differently.
We have helped a number of families with a variety of stressful situations including:
· Relationship conflict
· Mental heath issues
· Sibling Rivalry
· Blended Family
· Divorcing families
· Parent & child conflict
· Health crises
· Grief and loss
· Adult children intervening with aging parents
· Extended family problems
· Substance abuse
Schedule your initial family appointment